I know, I know - my blogging has been a little lackluster lately. So I thought another Five for Friday might be good to catch you up on all the goings on with the Smiths!
1. I hope you all had a most wonderful holiday yesterday! The Smith girls had a fabulous day - I could go all day long just watching those smiles!
2. I cannot believe that two weeks from NOW I will be at Disney World preparing for race #1 of the #GoofyChallenge. As race day(s) approach I find myself getting nervous and wondering if I'll be able to finish. I have been doing everything I can think of to prepare myself while sticking to my doctor's orders. As I mentioned before, I found a physical therapy/rehab place in my area that had an AlterG anti-gravity treadmill and it has been a game changer for me the past few weeks! I have been able to get a few runs in on it and if nothing else it has given me the peace of mind of getting a run in before race week. But I'm hoping it's keeping those running muscles prepared for the miles we'll be putting in in two weeks. That, and it's helping me break in my new shoes, which arrived the day after I got diagnosed with a tibial stress reaction - whomp whomp.
3. Speaking of marathon weekend - did you catch the merchandise preview on the Disney Parks Blog?? I'm so very glad that my family thought to give me money to take on my trip for Christmas because I see several things that I'd love to have!
|Pics courtesy of the Disney Parks Blog|
And before you ask, yes, I preordered this. Merry Christmas to me :)
4. I may not have mentioned this, but I'm also headed back to Disney in February for Princess Half Marathon weekend. I originally wasn't going to be going back for this race but several of the DisBroads decided to go and, well, I just couldn't be left out! I am only running the half marathon this year and will be making it a very short trip - flying in early Saturday morning, flying home Monday afternoon. But check the BLING - it's #Frozen yo!
Pic courtesy of Disney. I happened to see another picture they released and the medals are actually SILVER. Can.not.wait.
5. Shameless plug here - I am one month in to my new Plexus regimen and I absolutely love how much better I am feeling. I started off drinking Plexus Slim and taking the Accelerator+ but I always felt very hungry before lunch so I decided to try the Triplex instead - Plexus Slim, BioCleanse, and ProBio5. I drink the Slim 30 minutes before breakfast and eat a small meal and sometimes have to remind myself to eat lunch at a normal time! I also haven't felt the normal "bloat" I feel around the holidays (that might be TMI - oh well) and I think my Plexus regimen has a lot to do with that. I'm making my health a priority in 2015 and invite you to join me! Visit my website here and feel free to email me and ask me any questions - ksmithpinkdrink AT gmail DOT com.
There you have it! I promise to try not to wait so long in between updates - perhaps a 2015 New Year's resolution!